where droid’s better (be it the hardware or eclair – i can’t tell)
- finally, a respectable response speed. (see “hero sucks” below)
- on a related note – no longer scared of opening full webpages like techcrunch – browser won’t freeze/crawl
- when wifi is available, it turns off the 3g to switch to something that looks like edge to save batteries.. or maybe it just disconnects data altogether?
- multiple gmail contacts sync (calendar sync is with only one)
- unified multiple imap/exchange inbox
- seems to have a stronger bluetooth receptivity, because with hero, when i placed the phone on the left hand side of my body (i’m left handed, so that’s a better position while i bike) while listening to music, i used to get frequent interruptions and i thought it was the headset’s (blueant x5) fault. turns out i no longer have this issue with the droid.
- contacts app includes a “join duplicate contacts” feature
- i am not 100% sure but it seems the design is ambidexterous compatible! i have been instinctively using this with my left hand. (i’m left handed)
where droid sucks
- non-standard microUSB/charging port. (hero has a standard microusb) moto why did you have to do this to me.. :/
- the button placement still leads to hitting the wrong ones at the wrong times multiple times a day
- the tiniest possible power button – it’s hiding behind a small chin and it’s hard to press it without looking at it.