one thing from the @SimonEdhouse incident http://bit.ly/7C90Wf is that geeks don’t like PR people. how twitter (it’s overcrowded with IT and PR people) didn’t become a battlefield given this is a mystery.
Updates from November, 2009 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
dreamweaver and drupal is what people use most these days to make websites. drupal is like wordpress, and dreamweaver is much more html code oriented
where droid’s better (be it the hardware or eclair – i can’t tell)
- finally, a respectable response speed. (see “hero sucks” below)
- on a related note – no longer scared of opening full webpages like techcrunch – browser won’t freeze/crawl
- when wifi is available, it turns off the 3g to switch to something that looks like edge to save batteries.. or maybe it just disconnects data altogether?
- multiple gmail contacts sync (calendar sync is with only one)
- unified multiple imap/exchange inbox
- seems to have a stronger bluetooth receptivity, because with hero, when i placed the phone on the left hand side of my body (i’m left handed, so that’s a better position while i bike) while listening to music, i used to get frequent interruptions and i thought it was the headset’s (blueant x5) fault. turns out i no longer have this issue with the droid.
- contacts app includes a “join duplicate contacts” feature
- i am not 100% sure but it seems the design is ambidexterous compatible! i have been instinctively using this with my left hand. (i’m left handed)
where droid sucks
- non-standard microUSB/charging port. (hero has a standard microusb) moto why did you have to do this to me.. :/
- the button placement still leads to hitting the wrong ones at the wrong times multiple times a day
- the tiniest possible power button – it’s hiding behind a small chin and it’s hard to press it without looking at it.
i haven’t used outlook in a long time, but when i see people writing email content (and links) on the subject line i’ve got to suspect there’s something seriously messed up with the user experience – maybe the WYSIWYG text editor of outloook is too slow?
Q: if i request three days off for sick leave, get it approved, and go home to rest but i still work at home, who am i really working for?
A: for “The Campaign”
Photo: Calaveras, http://www.flickr.com/photos/luckmendez/2175024833/
Min Yoon is online.
Yongho: hey ming ming
Min: I like that name
Yongho: now you’ve got matching nicks
sister: nu nu
you: ming ming
i’ll do yong yong
Min: yo yo
Yongho: nope it’s gotta be yong yong
Yongho: sup zup ming ming
Min: what are you doing
Yongho: the same video editing from last night
Yongho: i’ve got a funny still shot of your dad
Min: what does that mean yong yong?
Yongho: i’ll show ya
Min: thanks yong yong
what did you ave for dinner today
Yongho: your dad cooked fish and some funky untasty soup thing involving 간장
Yongho: it was yucky
Min: where are you
Yongho: hey i’ve got the still shot http://www.flickr.com/photos/yonghokim/4071398548/
Yongho: he was scratching his head using this thumb fingers
are you cold Yng Yong
Yongho: yeah i’m not feeling well
but i ate multi-vitamins!
Min: I have to go to sleep now so BYE.I’ll talk to you tommorow
Yongho: ok bye