Hi, my name is Yongho Kim, and this is my personal website.
I work with groups in the social justice sector on voter engagement, design and websites.
I participate in the online project FemiWiki, which seeks to counter anti-feminist narratives that have been dominating the Korean language internet, by being a “Wikipedia” of the progressive sector. The site is mostly in Korean but also slowly building an English language section.
I run a website in Spanish providing tips about Korean language learning – Aigo Coreano. I started the project to preserve my Spanish language skills.
- Extracting samples for CalScope studyDocumenting blood sample self-extraction for a CDPH coronavirus study.
- Testing self videoI have never really taken selfie photos before. Here, I’m testing out various […]
- Colorful Eviction-Promoting AdvertisementThis 1/3 page ad in a Korean newspaper today is kind of amazing. It’s riddled with strange translation artifacts, but it seems to wink at landlords to take it to their law firm and start evicting people “right now!” while pretending to be a PSA by giving information to “both sides” (tenants and landlords).
- What does “patchiness” mean in this context?Addressing this question from HelloTalk: What does “patchiness” mean in this passage? Is […]
- Repurposing a gameNorthgard is this cleverly executed real time strategy-management-survival computer game rolled into one.
Everything on this site is licensed with Creative Commons BY-SA.